Code of conduct in the National Park
Protection of plants, animals and the environment
- Actions that could alter or damage this protected area of nature as well as actions that affect the natural appearance or disturb the landscape of the National Park are prohibited.
- Any pollution of air, soil, water, sea and marine life is prohibited as well as all disruptions to their original state, including in particular disposal of any type of waste.
- Within the area of the National Park, it is prohibited to pick, collect or damage plants, or remove them from their natural habitats.
- It is prohibited to introduce or plant foreign allochthonous hybrid and cloned plant species as well as to introduce or release animal species of the same type within the entire area of the National Park.
- It is prohibited to scare away, hunt, disturb, capture, injure or kill animal species.
- It is prohibited to collect frogs, snails and mushrooms, to gather medicinal herbs, as well as to collect other living or non-living natural objects.
- Any type of hunting or hunting activity, carrying or using a firearm or any other hunting equipment (bows and arrows, traps, nets, etc.) is prohibited.
- It is prohibited to catch, collect or harvest molluscs, sea cucumbers, sea urchins and other marine organisms.
- It is prohibited to engage in fishing, catch or extract fish, except in case of persons who have been granted special permission by the Public Institution and who fish in areas designated as available for recreational fishing.
Protection of cultural goods
- It is prohibited to damage cultural monuments, which includes climbing on monuments.
- It is prohibited to dig for or remove archaeological artefacts.
- It is prohibited to damage or dig up geological and palaeontological finds such as fossils and ichnofossils.
General rules for movement of visitors
- Visitors to the National Park may enter by land via the entrance in Fažana, or by sea via births in the port of Veli Brijun.
- Throughout their stay, visitors moving around and touring the National Park are obliged to abide by the instructions indicated on the tickets, information boards and other signs in the National Park.
- Visitors are only permitted to move along clearly marked trails and pathways in areas that are designated and intended for sightseeing and visiting.
- On the island of Veli Brijun it is possible to rent bicycles and electric cars. It is not allowed to drive outside marked tracks intended for vehicles.
- Transfer of visitors and organization of tours around the National Park is managed by the Public Institution.
- It is not allowed to feed or disturb the animals.
- It is prohibited to camp inside the Park without the permission of the Public Institution.
- Bathing and swimming is allowed at the marked bathing areas.
- It is prohibited to light camp fires.
- Outdoor smoking is not allowed.
- Recreational activities are only allowed in places designated and marked for that purpose or if permission is granted by the Public Institution.
- It is prohibited to record videos or take photographs for commercial purposes without the permission of the Public Institution.
Rules for pets (dogs)
- Free movement of dogs and other pets within the National Park is prohibited.
- A dog ticket is charged. Visitors can tie their dogs or take them along with them, but only provided that dogs are walked on a leash in areas where dogs are allowed. Dogs are allowed in the area of the port of Veli Brijun from the southern breakwater to villas Pava and Magnolija to the northern breakwater, as well as in the enclosed area of Villa Lovorka.
- Exceptionally, therapy dogs and service dogs are allowed entry to buildings open for visitors.
- In case of boat transfers and sightseeing of the Park within the permitted areas, dogs that have an inherent aggressive streak or strong aggressive instincts and therefore pose a risk to public safety must wear a muzzle.
- Dogs are allowed to swim in the area around the southern breakwater of the port of Veli Brijun 50 m in the direction of Jupiter Beach.
Rules for private vehicles
- It is permitted to bring a private bicycle or scooter to the island provided that a notice thereupon is given no later than 24 hours in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org). An additional fee shall be charged for transport of bicycles or scooters to the island.
Rules for vessels
- Vessels can be stationed or berthed only in the port of Veli Brijun or the mooring site of St. Mikula on Mali Brijun or at fixed berths in front of the mentioned mooring sites.
- Stationing or anchoring vessels within the National Park is only allowed in ports and mooring sites.
- Vessels are only allowed to use the waterway and may not make stops between the islands of Jerolim and Veli Brijun, enter the port of Veli Brijun from Fažana Bay and enter the mooring site of St. Mikula on Mali Brijun only at the western part between Veli and Mali Brijun.
Authorisations for supervision and direct protection of the Park
- Direct protection of the National Park is ensured by park wardens (email@example.com).
- Park wardens are authorised to request that visitors provide their identity cards or other identity documents. They are authorised to check luggage, vehicles or vessels owned by visitors.
- They are also authorised to ask visitors to show their tickets.